Thursday, January 15, 2009

"I've got some good news, and some baaad news...

...regarding Final Fantasy XIII."
Jordan Gouge, Save & Quit Crew, 2009

That was a quote... from me. I just said it about 26 seconds ago.

Since we only have about 3 readers (not including crew), I will make the decision to just deal you the bad news first. I know it may be hard, but it'll make the second half of this entry even better than you could have imagined!

Today on heavyweight gaming news blog Kotaku, Square-Enix big-man Yoichi "Imperial Hot" Wada was quoted saying that Final Fantasy XIII and it's PS3-exclusive counterpart Final Fantasy Versus XIII will not be seen in America and Europe until at LEAST 2010. AT LEAST!

Kotaku.com writer Luke Plunkett said, "Or, in a way I can put it to maximize disappointment, over a year away."

He's absolutely correct. Unless these two make it out in the first 2 weeks of 2010 (which I don't see happening, as no one's quite crazy enough to release a blockbuster like that right after the annual holiday spend-a-thon), then this game will not come out for MORE THAN A YEEEAAAARRR!!! If you're like me, then you've been following this game for years already, and the thought of another whole year is just unbearable. Although, in the long run, I guess what's another year?

The delay is mostly due to the port of the English version to the Xbox 360. In Japan, where about 7 people own Xbox 360s, both games will remain PS3 exclusives. For the American/European version, the game is being ported to the Microsoft system. Since Square has never ported a Final Fantasy game before, and they are waiting until the English version is COMPLETELY finished and dubbed before even beginning the porting process, the game will take several additional months to be released in America.

That shit pisses me off. I'm not a TOTAL fanboi. I have the PS3 AND the XB360...... but COME THE FUCK ON!!!! That just pushed one of my favorite games back almost 6 months! BAH! What is that? Microsoft has weasled it's way in to yet another exclusive. I know that system exclusives are on their way out the window due to how much it costs to develop a game for these current-gen systems, but the ones that are there sort of work. If Sony squeezed their way in for Gears of War 3 or Halo 4, XB fanbois would be freaking the fuck out! It's just surprising, and sort of a downer.

HOWEVER- I promised good news about FFXIII as well, and I will not disappoint! The newest playable character coming our way in FFXIII is this chocobo-loving Tim Meadows/Ladies Man impersonator named Sazh Kalzroy! The title of this kotaku.com article is good enough for me. "... a Fabulous Afro". Genius headlining!

This man will make this game fantastic. The Kotaku article states that Sazh is the first playable African-American character in the series since Barret Wallace from FFVII. The author of this article seems to hope that he is slightly less stereotypical than Barret... I hope that he's ridiculously stereotypical. I would laugh my ass off if he pops out with a chocobo flying out of his "fabulous afro" and sounds like Mr. T.

I don't forsee that happening... Oh well. I guess it doesn't matter. I'll probably have forgotten what I wanted out of this game by the time it comes out, anyway...

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment